Today’s prompt is to write a poem which addresses a topic people usually choose not to talk about.
You might like to consider:
- What topic should you cover
- Is the topic important to you? Why?
- Why don’t people normally talk about it? How do they usually respond if it comes up?
- What do you hope to achieve with your poem? To start conversations? To break down stigma? To show your stance on a topic?
- Should you reel the reader in by only mentioning the taboo topic towards the end?
Happy reading, happy writing -and if you do write, don’t forget to post your poem (in full or as a link) in the comments below so we can all enjoy it.