Today’s prompt is to write a poem which tells the story of a proposal of marriage.
You might like to consider:
- Should you tell your own story, someone else’s or an imagined story?
- Who is asking who and why?
- How much should you do in terms or scene setting and telling the backstory?
- Where does the proposal take place?
- How are the people involved feeling prior to the proposal and following the proposal?
- Is the proposal accepted? Why / why not?
- What happens next?
Happy reading, happy writing -and if you do write, don’t forget to post your poem (in full or as a link) in the comments below so we can all enjoy it.