Today’s prompt is to write a poem which is an extended metaphor
You might like to consider:
- Is there a metaphor you’ve used in other writing that you could expand for this poem?
- Should your poem be amusing or serious?
- Should you use a well-rehearsed metaphor or explore something new?
- Should you use one metaphor or more?
- Could you (should you?) contain metaphors within your metaphor?
Happy reading, happy writing -and if you do write, don’t forget to post your poem (in full or as a link) in the comments below so we can all enjoy it.