Today’s prompt is to write a poem which is an extended metaphor
You might like to consider:
- Is there a metaphor you’ve used in other writing that you could expand for this poem?
- Should your poem be amusing or serious?
- Should you use a well-rehearsed metaphor or explore something new?
- Should you use one metaphor or more?
- Could you (should you?) contain metaphors within your metaphor?
Happy reading, happy writing -and if you do write, don’t forget to post your poem (in full or as a link) in the comments below so we can all enjoy it.
Great prompt Pooky, a metaphor within a metaphor what a thought in itself.
Here is my effort Pooky”
I very much enjoyed this. Another one with a bounce in its tail 🙂
Well by now would you like me any other way? Thanks you write such positive comments.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I can’t begin to think how it might play out!
Pingback: Poetry Prompt 25 – Extended Metaphor – Enigma | Morpethroad
Pingback: Blanket of Snow | Pooky's Poems
My effort: https://pookypoetry.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/blanket-of-snow/
Pingback: On the Horizon – Poetry Prompt 25 | martha0stout
Took me a bit to get this out and up, but here is my offering: https://martha0stout.wordpress.com/2014/05/31/on-the-horizon-poetry-prompt-25/