Today’s prompt is to write a poem which uses rhyme to communicate a serious topic in a light hearted way
You might like to consider:
- What serious topic should you approach – is there something you feel strongly about?
- How can you incorporate rhyme without seeming to belittle your serious message?
- How can you use rhyme to help you to make your point?
- Should you use rhyme throughout or just in places to emphasise a point?
- What type of rhyming scheme should you use?
- Should you use a regular rhythm to emphasis your rhyme or go for something more subtle?
Happy reading, happy writing -and if you do write, don’t forget to post your poem (in full or as a link) in the comments below so we can all enjoy it.