Today’s prompt is to write a poem in which the first letter of every line spells out the name of somebody you admire and the poem explains why you admire them.
You might like to consider:
- Should you just use a first name or a last name too to give you more lines?
- Should you choose someone you know or somebody famous?
- What do you most admire about the person you’ve chosen? It might help to brainstorm possible reasons before trying to fit them into your poem.
- Should your poem have a particular rhyme or rhythm to it?
- If you are feeling very ambitious you could also spell out something of your choice with the last letter of each line too.
Happy reading, happy writing -and if you do write, don’t forget to post your poem (in full or as a link) in the comments below so we can all enjoy it.