Today’s prompt is to write a poem which provides a series of instructions about how to do something.
You might like to consider:
- Should you try to make something unexciting poetic e.g. how to make a marble cake, or should you take a looser stab at the brief and e.g. provide instructions on how to live a happy life?
- How detailed should your instructions be?
- Should you choose something you’re familiar with or learn about something new as you’re writing your poem?
- Should you use an existing set of instructions as the basis for your poem?
- Should you try to make your instructions accurate so they could be followed or is this unimportant to you?
- Should you try to inject sarcasm or humour by using particular viewpoints when writing your instructions?
Happy reading, happy writing -and if you do write, don’t forget to post your poem (in full or as a link) in the comments below so we can all enjoy it.