Today’s prompt is to write a poem which explores the adage that your school days are the best days of your life.
You might like to consider:
- Do you think that your school days are the best days of your life? Why?
- Should you write a poem based on the premise that the adage is untrue?
- Should you draw on your own experiences or write more generally?
- Are there any especially vivid recollections you can draw on / adapt?
- Do you think it’s easier being at school now or back when you were a child?
- What is your best memory of school?
- What was the hardest thing about being at school?
- What would the perfect school experience have looked like?
Happy reading, happy writing -and if you do write, don’t forget to post your poem (in full or as a link) in the comments below so we can all enjoy it.