Today’s prompt is to write a poem which describes the smell of something.
You might like to consider:
- Should the whole poem focus on describing a smell or should that just form part of the poem?
- Should you describe one smell or many?
- What feelings should you try to evoke with your descriptions of smell?
- Should you describe the same smell from multiple viewpoints (smellpoints?!)
- What is unique or special about the particular smell you have in mind?
- How can the use of smell contribute to your feelings your poem evokes?
- Should you choose a smell that is very familiar or try to describe a more alien smell to your readers?
Happy reading, happy writing -and if you do write, don’t forget to post your poem (in full or as a link) in the comments below so we can all enjoy it.