Today’s prompt is to write a poem that opens with a question.
You might like to consider:
- Who is asking the question?
- Is the question actual or rhetorical?
- Should your poem attempt to answer the question?
- Should you ask further questions in your poem?
- Could the question be interpreted in more than one way?
- Should the poem take the form of a conversation?
- Should the poem ask a question or questions of the reader?
Today’s highlighted poem is Zara’s Son over at Cupcakes Rule the Atmosphere. I was really taken with how the author used rhyme to make it sound light-hearted despite the fact the story it tells is really very serious.
Happy reading, happy writing -and if you do write, don’t forget to post your poem (in full or as a link) in the comments below so we can all enjoy it.
My prompts are daily but you can join in as frequently or as infrequently as you like and you are welcome to revisit old prompts. Please encourage your friends to join in too. You can also follow the prompts on Facebook